Dr. Goh Jon
|Credentials||MBBS (S'pore) FRCS(Edinburgh) FRCOphth(London) FAMS(Ophth)|
|Language||English,Mandarin Chinese,Bahasa Melayu,Bahasa Indonesia,Hokkien Dialect,Teochew Dialect|
Dr Jon Goh is the Ophthalmology Consultant at the Eye Care Clinic at Mt Elizabeth Hospital @ Orchard and Clearvision Eye and Lasik Centre.
He was formerly Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Singapore National Eye Centre and Clinical Teacher at the National University of Singapore.
He graduated from the National University of Singapore with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery for which he was a recipient of the Singapore Government Merit Scholarship.
He subsequently obtained his Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh for Ophthalmology and Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists(London).
He holds a Diploma Certification in Refractive Surgery (PRK/Lasik/Epilasik/Lasek) from the International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS).
He has conducted numerous courses on basic and advanced cataract (phacoemulsification) and lens implant surgery techniques at international conferences in the US, Europe and Asia and was formerly on the International Faculty Registry of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
During his time at the Singapore National Eye Centre, he was a keen hands-on cataract (phacoemulsification) surgery trainer to both local eye residents and international fellows.
He brings with him many years of extensive experience in high volume laser refractive surgery(PRK/Lasik/Epilasik/Lasek) and small incision, no-stitch, no-injection cataract and lens implant surgery(phacoemulsification).
He has received Gold and Star Awards for Service Excellence while at the Singapore National Eye Centre.
1. Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS, Edinburgh)
2. Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists of the United Kingdom (FRCOphth, London)
3. Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (FAMS)
4. Formerly International Faculty Registry of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
5. Formerly Consultant Ophthalmologist at the Singapore National Eye Centre
6. Formerly Clinical Teacher at the National University of Singapore
1. Small incision No-injection No-stitch Cataract (Phacoemulsification) and Multifocal Lens Implant Surgery
2. Corneal Laser Refractive Surgery – Transprk, Lasik, Epilasik, Lasek
4. Diabetic Eye Disease
5. Adult and Childhood Myopia
6. Age-related Macular Degenerration(AMD)
7. General Ophthalmology
1. Singapore Government Merit Scholarship (Medicine, NUS)
2. Singapore Excellence Service Star Award (2004)
3. Singapore Excellence Service Gold Award (2005)