Dr. Ng Kin-Wah James
|Credentials||MBBS Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of London, UK FRCOphth Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, UK FAMS Fellow of the Academy of Medicine|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin|
Dr James Ng, a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, specialises in both retinal surgery (such as retinal detachment repair, macula hole and epiretinal membrane surgery, vitrectomy for diabetes) and medical retina diseases (age-related macular degeneration, retinal artery/ vein occlusions, diabetic retinopathy etc). His other area of specialization is in the diagnosis and management of Uveitis (ocular inflammatory disease) which includes diagnostic vitrectomy biopsies and immunosuppression treatment which includes biologics.
Dr Ng obtained his MBBS medical qualification at the St. Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Medical School at the University of London in the UK. He also obtained a BSc (Hons) degree in the History of Medicine at the world famous Wellcome Institute in London. At Tan Tock Seng Hospital, he completed his specialty training in Ophthalmology and obtained Fellowship of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in London (FRCOphth).
After obtaining Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (FAMS) and Specialist Accreditation Board accreditations, he did 3 years of subspeciality fellowship in the United Kingdom. The fellowships were in internationally renowned eye hospitals:
– Professor Andrew Dick, Uveitis and Vitreoretinal Surgery.
– Clare Bailey, Medical Retina and Macula Disease.
– Professor Robert MacLaren: Medical Retina, Gene Therapy, Genetic Eye Disease and Vitreoretinal Surgery.
– CK Patel: Paediatric Vitreoretinal surgery.
– Srilakshmi Sharma: Uveitis and Medical Ophthalmology.
– Professor David Charteris, Louisa Wickham, and Mahi Muqit: Vitreoretinal Surgery.
Areas of specialization: