Services and Procedures
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction
Foot and Ankle Orthopaedics
Knee and Hip Replacement
Limb Salvage Surgery
Orthopaedic Spine Surgery
Rotator Cuff Surgery
What are orthopaedics and orthopaedic conditions?
Orthopaedics is the specialty that treats and manages problems relating to the muscles, bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, and connecting soft tissue and nerves, collectively known as the musculoskeletal system.
Orthopaedic surgeons focus on reducing pain and improving mobility through the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of the musculoskeletal system. Examples of orthopaedic conditions that require attention include fractures, osteoporosis, and arthritis.
When should you see an orthopaedic surgeon?
You may wish to see a specialist in orthopaedics if you have any of the commonly experienced symptoms listed below.
- Difficulty using an arm or leg to perform a regular daily action
- Pronounced and prolonged pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
- Knee, joint, or muscle pain lasting more than a few days or becoming more pronounced at certain times
- Joint, foot, or ankle deformity
- Signs of joint infection or inflammation
- Stiffness or restricted range of motion
Why you should consider our orthopaedic surgery specialists in Singapore
At Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, we understand the frustration of living with pain, discomfort, and inconvenience due to a debilitating orthopaedic condition. We want to help you get back on your feet quickly and safely. We will provide you with the information that you need, to ensure that you are well-supported, before, during and after the procedure. We aim to understand your mobility needs, review pain relief medication, and ensure that your rehabilitation schedule is congruent to your needs.
Our orthopaedic specialists have helped many patients with the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of their condition. Depending on your condition, we use surgical and non-surgical techniques. Where possible, minimally invasive surgery is recommended to reduce pain, avoid complications, and help you return to your daily routine as soon as possible.
Major Areas of Specialisation
Below are some of the conditions our specialists treat. Through rigorous diagnosis, clinical care, and rehabilitation, our specialists can slow down the progress of your condition, alleviate pain, and help you or your loved ones embark on the road to recovery.
- Adult reconstruction and joint replacement surgery
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
- Hip replacement (arthroplasty)
- Orthopaedic sports medicine
- ACL tear (knee ligament injury)
- Rotator cuff injury
- Ligament tear
- Meniscus tear (knee cap injury)
- Tennis elbow
- Spine surgery
- Laminectomy (decompression surgery with removal of lamina)
- Scoliosis surgery
- Discectomy (removal of herniated disc material pressing on spine)
- Slipped disc surgery
- Spinal fusion (bone graft to stop motion of spine segments that cause pain)
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)
- Foot and Ankle
- Ankle fracture
- Bunion surgery
- Diabetic foot disease
- Foot ulcers
- Trauma (physical injuries)
- Distal radius fracture
- Femur neck fracture
- Fibula fracture
- Humerus fracture
- Paediatric orthopaedics
Did you know?
The 54 bones in your hand, wrist, and fingers allow you to type, use your smartphone, and play the violin.Request an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon today.