Services and Procedures
Head and Neck Surgery
What is general surgery and what conditions can it treat?
General surgery is a surgical specialty that is primarily concerned with the contents of the abdomen such as the intestines, liver, colon, pancreas, gall bladder, stomach, and thyroid gland.
General surgeons are also dedicated to a variety of services such as trauma surgery, transplant surgery, breast surgery, colorectal surgery, or vascular surgery.
Despite the use of the term “general”, these surgeons are highly skilled in a variety of specialised procedures. They are responsible for the comprehensive care of the patient from the very first consultation and have received extensive professional training.Request an appointment with a general surgeon today.
How can general surgeons help you?
General surgeons perform all kinds of procedures, from robotic or minimally invasive surgery to emergency trauma surgery, and are often your first contact upon critical illness or injury. General surgery focuses on the management and surgical treatment of conditions affecting almost every area of the human body.
Our highly experienced general surgeons perform a wide range of acute surgical procedures for adults and children in the following areas: trauma and emergency, reconstructive and therapeutic, endoscopic, breast and trauma, oncological, thoracic, head and neck, vascular, hernia, and abdominal.
Your specialist will take care of you right from the start, from the first diagnosis of your condition and for pre-operative tests before determining if you are a good candidate for surgical treatment. Following the operation, your general surgeon will monitor your recovery, examine the incision sites, and help you manage any pain.Enquire with our general surgeons.
Why you should consider our general surgeons in Singapore
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre offers a full range of acute surgical procedures. Our highly experienced team of subspecialty professionally trained surgeons, offers a comprehensive selection of surgical procedures from minimally invasive surgery through to reconstructive surgery.
Offering advanced surgical procedures, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre ensures comprehensive care of each patient with the highest quality professional treatment and management. You will benefit from leading-edge medical technology and equipment whilst in the care of our dedicated surgical specialists.
Major Areas of Specialisation
General surgeons are responsible for the patient as a whole, providing comprehensive surgical care and management. They are dedicated to your complete care from providing rigorous diagnosis, clinical care, and rehabilitation to accompany you or your loved ones on the road to recovery. The following are some of the conditions our specialists treat.
- Breast surgery
- Breast screening programme and mammogram localisation service
- Breast Counseling and Support Service for breast cancer and post-surgical patients
- Multi-disciplinary approach to breast cancer management
- Breast lesions seen on mammogram/ultrasound, diagnosis using minimally invasive techniques and surgery for the breast and axilla
- Enteral or parenteral nutritional support
- Bariatric surgery
- Bowel incontinence and pelvic disorders
- Cancer of the ear, nose, throat
- Colorectal surgery
- Diabetic limb salvage and peripheral vascular disease
- Endocrine surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery (esophagus, stomach, biliary system, pancreas, small intestine, large intestine, rectum and anus)
- Gastric bypass
- Hepatobiliary (liver, gall bladder and biliary tract) surgery
- Head and neck surgery (otolaryngology)
- Hernia surgery
- Intestinal obstruction
- Kidney surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive keyhole surgery)
- Liver surgery
- Lymph node biopsy for malignant melanoma
- Mammographic-guided mammotome biopsy
- Minimally invasive surgery
- laparoscopic surgery
- Morbid obesity
- Nutritional support services
- Oesophageal and stomach surgery
- Pancreatic surgery
- Peptic ulcer
- Primary and metastatic liver tumours
- Reconstructive and therapeutic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Salivary gland disease
- Surgical endoscopy
- Surgical oncology
- Thyroid nodule and thyroid malignancies
- Thoracic surgery
- Thyroid surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid cancer
- Trauma surgery
- Ultrasound-guided mammotome biopsy
- Upper gastro-intestinal surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Venous diseases including deep venous and arteriovenous malformations
Did you know?
Singapore is currently ranked as the healthiest country in Asia and the 4th healthiest in the world according to the Bloomberg 2017 Healthiest Country Index.