Services and Procedures
What is hand surgery and what hand conditions can be treated?
The medical specialty of hand surgery involves conditions of the wrist, hand and upper extremities (forearm). Hand surgeons provide treatment that is both non-surgical and surgical. These medical specialists see patients with carpal tunnel, trigger finger, tendon, fracture, arthritis, and other issues, on a daily basis.
Mild and severe hand conditions can affect your quality of life and ability to perform at work. Non-surgical treatments such as splints, therapy, injections, or medication may assist in alleviating or controlling the condition.
The hand is a delicate, finely tuned part of the body, composed of bone, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, skin, and blood vessels. If any part of the structure is impaired by injury or disease and not functioning properly, prompt medical intervention is beneficial.Request an appointment with a hand surgeon today.
When might you need to see a hand surgeon?
If you or your loved ones are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may choose to consult a hand surgeon at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre:
- Cysts on hands or wrists
- Decreased movement and strength in the hand
- Excessive thickening of skin, tissue and tendons on the palm or hand
- Finger or hand pain
- Finger or hand stiffness or numbness
- Hand swelling or trauma
- Tingling sensation in the hand or arm
Consult our hand surgeons to find out about the best care options for your condition. Our specialists are dedicated to your full recovery, resulting in your return to work, play, and daily activities as soon as possible.
Post-operative care is an essential element of the recovery process. To achieve optimal results from surgical treatment, your hand surgeon will give you precise instructions for your rehabilitation and recovery.Enquire with our hand surgeons.
Why you should consider our hand surgeons in Singapore
At Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, our hand surgeons offer the benefit of their advanced training and experience to thousands of patients in Singapore. They are dedicated to the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of the full spectrum of hand, wrist, and arm conditions.
If you require surgical intervention for your condition, you can be certain to be treated with leading-edge surgical procedures and equipment by our team of experienced specialists. If your treatment is non-surgical, you will receive dedicated advice and management on appropriate medication, splints, therapy, or injections.
Major Areas of Specialisation
Our specialists treat a comprehensive range of hand conditions. Through careful diagnosis, clinical care of the highest quality and rigorous rehabilitation, our team of hand surgeons is by your side every step of the way. Their aim is to slow the progress of your condition, alleviate pain and discomfort while they accompany you on the road to recovery.
- Congenital Hand Abnormalities
- Polydactyly, syndactyly, and complex hand abnormalities
- Functional video assessment
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Wrist arthroscopic surgery
- Upper limb paralysis
- Peripheral nerve and brachial plexus injury
- Hand Trauma
- Corrective surgery for deformity
- Fractures of the hand, wrist, and forearm
- Sports injuries of the hand and wrist
- Fractures, tendon, and nerve Injuries
- Replantation surgery
- Microsurgical reconstruction of the upper limb
- Skin and composite tissue
- Flap transfer
- Toe to thumb or finger transfer
- Functioning free muscle transfer
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger finger
- Upper Limb Conditions
- Peripheral nerve and Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Cerebral Palsy, Stroke and Trauma
- Brachial plexus injury
- Wrist Trauma and Disorders
- Fractures and Instabilities
- Chronic wrist pain
Did you know?
Carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand and fingers is due to pressure on the median nerve in the wrist. The main symptoms are pain, numbness, and tingling in the thumb and fingers. It may be triggered by repeated movements but the cause is often unknown.